Friday, November 16, 2012

Help OSPCA Find Alleged Animal Cruelty Suspects


WE NEED TO FIND OUT WHO MAY HAVE ABUSED THREE PUPPIES IN OUR TOWN

PUPPIES FOUND STACKED, WITH WOOD CHIPS IN THEIR MOUTHS, ON A DOCK AT MUSKOKA WHARF

     THERE IS A SICK BASTARD OUT THERE, WHO NEEDS TO BE IDENTIFIED QUICKLY, BEFORE THE ABUSE ESCALATES BEYOND KILLING PUPPIES. I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE, TO FIND THREE STACKED-UP PUPPIES, LIKELY SUFFOCATED BY WOOD SHAVINGS, LEFT ON A DOCK AT MUSKOKA WHARF. I DON'T KNOW WHAT BRAIN DEAD NUMB-NUTS WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS, BUT WHAT HE OR SHE, OR A GROUP HAVE DONE FOR US, NORMAL FOLKS, IS TO ALERT US NOW, TO A VERY SERIOUS THREAT IN OUR COMMUNITY. IF YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO NEW BORN PUPPIES, YOU'RE NOT ONLY HEARTLESS. YOU'RE AWFULLY LUCKY I WASN'T THERE AT THE TIME, OR YOU'D STILL BE TREADING WATER OFF THE END OF THE DOCK. THEY'D HAVE TO SHOOT ME, TO LET YOU OUT OF THE WATER.
     THERE'S A LOT OF SHOCK ABOUT THIS STORY, THAT I JUST PICKED UP FROM THE ONLINE MOOSE FM NEWS PAGE. THE PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE WHO DO THINGS LIKE HURT DEFENSELESS CREATURES, AND GET A RUSH FROM DOING IT, IS THAT IT OFTEN ESCALATES WELL BEYOND THE ANIMAL-KIND. SOONER OR LATER, THE PERPETRATOR TURNS ON FELLOW HUMANS, AND THAT WON'T END WELL. IN ALL LIKELIHOOD, THE ABUSER IN THIS CASE, WILL HAVE FULL VIDEO COVERAGE OF THE "PUPPY STACKING,' FOR ONLINE VIEWING, BECAUSE IT GIVES THEM SOME PATHETIC STATUS AMONG THOSE WHO GET-OFF ON CRUELTY, BECAUSE THEIR LIVES ARE SO DANK, SICK AND BEYOND REDEMPTION. EXCUSE ME IF I'M NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT TO THOSE WHO COMMIT CRIMES AGAINST ANIMALS. IN THIS CASE, IT'S HARD NOT TO WANT TO EMBARK ON SOME VIGILANTE CAMPAIGN, TO NAB THE INDIVIDUAL(S), AND HAUL THEIR SORRY ASSES OUT FOR A PUBLIC RECKONING……OR FLOGGING, BUT THEN I'D BE AS CRUEL AS THEY ARE. I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE TALKING ABOUT A FLOGGING BY THE WAY. SO WHOEVER YOU ARE, THE BEST THING WOULD BE TO TURN YOURSELF IN, AND OFFER AN EXPLANATION WHY THIS HAD TO BE A DEMONSTRATION ACT. WHAT WERE YOU TRYING TO ESTABLISH……BEYOND THE POINT OF WHAT WE CAN ATTRIBUTE TO BRAIN CELL DEGENERATION?

THERE'S ARE LOTS OF THESE PROBLEMS OUT THERE - BUT WE ONLY HEAR OR READ ABOUT A FEW OF THEM

     One evening, I watched a muscle bound goofball, on a cold winter night, last year, let his small dog run loose on the main street. It was obvious the dog was scared of its master. I was sitting in our van waiting for my sons, Andrew and Robert, to finish their music instruction for the evening. The tiny white dog took off, as if to say, "I must get as far away from this guy as possible." It went to the middle of the vehicle parked in front, as if it had pulled a similar exit strategy previously on the owner. I could see it clearly from my vantage point, and the only concern I had then, was that it didn't dart across the road, when muscle-bound meathead decided to take chase, like the clumsy ass he obviously was. All he did, while standing with his gormless buddy, was to scream the dog's name, as if by volume alone, he could suck it back to the heal of his shoe.
    For two or three minutes, the merk stood and screamed at the dog, but there was no way this pup was leaving the safe domain of a parked car. I could see the pet owner getting seriously agitated, and although I didn't have a breathalyzer on hand, to check his sobriety, I would have bet the family farm, his rage came from having too much booze for his own good. Or that dog's good. All of a sudden, with a huge burst of misspent energy, this guy went berserk, falling to the slushy roadway, trying to grab the dog out from under the car ahead of me. I had already opened the door part way, when I thought I might be able to stop it from running onto the roadway.  I had one leg swung out, as soon as I saw how violently he was reaching for his obviously frightened pet. I sort of anticipated confronting him, and asking him to give me the dog. I wasn't sure, after that, where my teeth would have been, or for that matter my whole jaw. If he would hit a dog, he would hit a dog-face like mine.
    After swimming around on the slush and ice, the guy finally was able to grab the dog, and yank him from his hiding place. He was rough with it, upon retrieval, and gave it two substantial hits while I was trying to get out of the vehicle. By time I was out the door, as I have a wonky hip from my hockey days, I wasn't in a position to intervene before the assault escalated. I got on the sidewalk about ten yards behind the twosome, the dog tucked tightly under the owner's arm. The guy looked back at me, without much in the way of reverence, but I let him know I was watching how the dog was being handled. I followed him for three blocks, and I readied myself for an intervention if necessary. I walk slow, they walked briskly. So the distance between us became more than I could cover, if all of a sudden, he started beating the dog as he had before. I'm pretty sure he knew he was being followed, so I may have prevented the escalation I was worried about. I don't have a cell phone, and by time I got back to the store, the men were long gone down an ally far up the main street. When I picked up the lads, we drove around the side streets for about half an hour, hoping to catch a glimpse of them again…..possibly coming out of a store. I felt sick to my stomach thinking that I had, by not intervening sooner, destined that poor wee creature to an evening of suffering. I don't know what would have happened if I'd confronted them physically on the sidewalk, had I exited sooner. I was a fighter and a pretty good boxer in my heyday, but I'm not really equipped to take on two large thugs…..because they were thugs. Of this I'm positive. I probably would have met the same fate as that dog. I wish I had employed a cell phone camera but even to this day, I still don't have one. It would have meant I could have offered the police or the Humane Society officer with an image for identification. I really hated myself that evening. I've seen the guy since, but never again with a dog in tow.  I can't help wondering what happened to the poor creature.
     If you have any information that might be helpful to apprehend the individual(s) who left those dead (brown) puppies on Muskoka Wharf……it would be great if you could let the Humane Society, in Bracebridge, know about it…….even if it's just a tiny bit of information, that may help them fit the puzzle pieces together. This act has to result in human consequence. We need this perpetrator to pay for this deed. If you were to see something of this nature, and cruelty online, or get a tip that a neighbor may have just had puppies that have never been seen, let authorities know as soon as possible.
     We want a safe and cruelty free hometown. So here is our opportunity to do the right thing. Please help stop what may escalate in related cruelty and violence.
     Stacking dead puppies on a dock, for all to see, was meant to be a message from someone, who needs serious mental health assistance. Because if this kind of cruelty gets a person excited…..we all need to be protected from them.
     Thanks for tuning in to this blog today. Sorry my story had to be so sad and tragic today. I would really like to be able to report a culprit or band of culprits has been apprehended.

No comments: